The What: Our Vision
Love God. Love Others. Make Disciples.
You will see this vision around a lot here at Hillside. We believe that this is the reason that, not only the Church, but each of us also, exists.
We are called first and foremost to love God with all that we are.
We are called and created to pursue Him, to pour ourselves and our lives out for His sake.
We then love others with the same love which we direct towards ourselves.
We create a community of care, a place of belonging, love, and security.
In this environment people are empowered and equipped to go and love those outside of the Church. By doing this we are fulfilling our call to then invite and welcome people into the Kingdom of God. We'd love for you to join us on this journey as we love God, love others, and make disciples.
The Why: Our Beliefs
What We Believe
At the core we're a community of people who believe in God the Father, in His Son Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Spirit—one God; who are repentant of sin and have been saved by personal faith in Jesus Christ through His atoning death and resurrection; who publicly confess their faith and are committed to the Church’s aims and purposes.
WE BELIEVE IN:
- The true humanity and deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The person of the Holy Spirit as the one who sets apart, empowers, and imparts spiritual gifts to the Church.
- The inspiration of the Bible and its authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- Salvation and membership in the Christian Church by faith in Christ alone.
- The immersion of believers as the scriptural form of baptism.
THE ORDINANCES OF THE CHURCH ARE:
- Believers’ baptism by immersion.
- Communion (The Lord’s Supper) which is usually held on the 1st Sunday of each month and is open to all believers.
Who we are: Our Values
Actions speak louder than words
“…for his mouth speaks from the overflow of the heart.”
One thing is clear as we go through life. You can tell what a person believes, or what they truly think about something, someone, or a particular situation, by the way that they act towards it.
Our actions reveal the things that we hold as important. They reveal the things that we think are worthy. What we do reflects what we value.
This is true not only of people, but also of groups of people, and of organisations. If you look at a product, for example, you can gather a lot about the company, and about what they value, by examining their product.
Our values are the why behind the what
At Hillside our values are: People, Sending, Giving, Quality, Leadership, Habit.